The Sourcing Specialist is responsible for all Sourcing and cradle-to-grave subcontract administration under FAR & DFAR guidelines. Establishes and manages supplier and subcontractor relationships. Responsible for the creation of funding documents and procurement of all necessary goods, services and equipment required for DZMG BU. Participates in formulating strategies to reduce the total cost of goods and/or services acquired to ensure competitive pricing while meeting all quality requirements.
· Ability to prioritize workload to support internal/external customer requirements, utilizes resources to accomplish tasks efficiently and to support production schedules in a matrixed organization.
· Knowledge of FAR, DFAR and applicable government regulations including legal contracting principals.
· Strong sourcing, negotiating, organizational, verbal & written communication skills to include decision-making and change management.
· Proficiency using Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and SAP/ERP Systems.
· Experience in government contracting, munitions' industry and manufacturing environments.
You’ll Be Doing
· Collaborates with business partners to ensure qualified suppliers are selected for RFP & RFQ processes.; Develops the Sourcing Strategy in conjunction with the business unit to support production deadlines; Assists Supply Chain Manager in preparation of labor estimates, attends supplier meetings and visits client facilities as requested.
· Manages full Sourcing lifecycle from preparation of the Recommended Bidder's List (RBL), issues RFQs (Request for Quote), receives and evaluates bids, prepares Competitive Bid Evaluation (CBE), conducts supplier negotiations, issues Purchase Orders/Subcontracts, administrates change orders and Purchase Order/Subcontract closeout.
· Manages supplier relationships to include the development, engagement, problem resolution and communications for the business unit; Manages and engages suppliers for auditing purposes to ensure specification and quality requirements are met; Identifies and develops relations with diverse suppliers who align with business unit strategy.
· Successfully negotiates pricing with suppliers to ensure competitiveness is achieved; Identifies areas of risk and develops and implements mitigation plan; Determines areas where cost savings can be reduced while enhancing operating efficiencies.
· Engages in timely communication with Business Unit Management & partners and Supply Chain Management of potential problems to ensure and/or mitigate impact to scheduled dates/deliverables; Serves as the onsite SME for government quality control procedures.
In It For You?
· Candidates that are hired will receive a competitive base salary, 401k plus company match, a comprehensive medical/dental/vision plan, paid time off, and the opportunity to work with a terrific team.
You Need To Bring To The Table
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or related field
· 6 - 8 years
· CPSM or APICS a plus
Are You Waiting For? Apply Now!
Essential Functions: The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requires that employers analyze and document essential position functions for all positions, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
These are the essential functions required for this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation:
· Visual acuity (e.g., needed to prepare and analyze data, to transcribe documents, to view a computer, to read, to inspect objects, to operate machinery)
· Balancing (e.g., maintaining equilibrium when walking, climbing, crouching etc.)
· Stooping (e.g., bending the spine at the waist)
· Reaching (e.g., reaching arms or legs in any direction)
· Repetitive motions of any part of the body
· Fingering (e.g., picking, pinching, typing, or other working that uses the fingers
· Capacity to think, concentrate and focus over long periods of time
· Ability to read complex documents in English language
· Capacity to reason and make sound decisions
· Capacity to express thoughts orally (e.g., accurately, quick and loudly convey spoken instructions to workers)
· Ability to regularly perform all job functions at Company’s office or work site