The primary purpose of this role will be to partner with the Technology and Business partner teams to deliver forward-thinking Category Strategies, develop relationships with key software suppliers, and collaborate with a team of sourcing professionals to source the right solutions that drive performance, maximize return and minimize risk. This role will be responsible for software spend across key technology and business areas: Data Center; Infrastructure Operations; Store; Marketing; Merchandising; Supply Chain; Digital; Information Security; HR; Finance; and other Shared Services technologies.
The candidate should have a proven track record with the following:
· Development of IT category plans and sourcing strategies;
· Direct negotiation and contracting experience with various software technologies, platforms, and vendors (i.e. XaaS; perpetual licenses; license conversions; open-source; etc.);
· Management of software OEM’s, hosting providers, and value-added resellers;
· Building relationships with IT Executives; and
· Driving industry-leading best practices pertaining to the software category.
Defines category and demand profile for respective subcategories to understand all relevant goods, services and business units
Assesses the supply market for the subcategory to understand industry trends, market competitiveness, goods, services, alternatives, etc
Develops subcategory strategy and plans that encompass creative and well thought out insights and solutions based on the demand profile and supply market offerings
Executes category strategy plans to realize benefits Partners with the business teams to perform relationship management activities to drive maximum value for the supplier relationships
Leads or facilitates a cross functional team through project activities and supports the team with process and category knowledge
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field and 4 years’ experience in information technology, vendor management, negotiation or related field within the past 10 years OR 6 years’ experience in information technology, vendor management, negotiation or related field within the past 10 years.