We’re disrupting the transportation space and growing rapidly in both the U.S. and internationally. This is an excellent opportunity for an intellectually curious technically savvy strategic sourcing professional to gain valuable non-traditional experience while working in one of Uber’s most critical and fastest-growing divisions. Uber is looking for a Strategic Sourcing Manager who wants to make their mark on a growing organization. The right candidate has truly exceptional negotiation skills, technically inclined, charismatic to build rapport with a variety of stakeholders and has to experience developing thoughtful processes and reasonable accountability measures. So if you're ready to go deep working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you've got the skills, experience, passion, and a strong team mentality - read on and get in touch!
What You’ll Do
• Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the company to manage to spend and the supply base focused on Software commodity space.
• Understand the strategic business objectives and procurement requirements to develop sourcing strategies and category roadmaps.
• Analyze internal requirements and external markets.
• Establish and achieve negotiation performance targets
• Manage complex sourcing projects and lead contract negotiations that optimize value for the company
• Manage competitive bids, RFx, obtain quotes, examine proposals, analyze bids, etc.
• Identify and report key performance metrics to measure success and drive continuous improvement.
• Act as procurement subject matter expert in consulting with the business on procurement strategies, processes, policies, and best practices
• Negotiate contracts and statements of work
• Provide regular communication and training on processes and systems
• Perform the supplier management function in collaboration with the business
• Develop strong partnership with IT Engineering, Finance, Legal and Accounts Payable teams
• Manage, coordinate, and support special projects as needed
What You’ll Need
• BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or another related field. CPM a Plus.
• Experience as an engineer, in an IT or engineering department, is helpful but not required.
• 5+ years of related experience in Technology Procurement.
• Able to influence in matrixed capacity and build strong business partnerships.
• Ability, interest, and self-driven to do what it takes to deliver truly world-class results.
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and organizational, interpersonal & motivational skills.