Amazon is seeking a Global Indirect Procurement Intelligence Manager
to join the Global Corporate Procurement team in our new Headquarters in Northern Virginia.
Procurement Intelligence Manager will own overall project leadership in support
of indirect category management RFx processes, category analytics, and
strategic sourcing pipeline development for indirect spend categories spanning:
Marketing, Professional Services, Software and Technology, HR, Travel, Temp
Labor, Construction, and Facilities.
The Procurement Intelligence Manager will play a pivotal role in supporting Amazon’s Global Category Managers as they lead strategic sourcing engagements with a wide range of business units to enable new Amazon initiatives to launch and scale rapidly.
They will also support the assigned categories in the alignment of cost models and spend trends, to recommend future sourcing initiatives.
Primary responsibilities of this role will include:
· Direct project-management of key stages in the strategic RFx process.
· Cull insights from the analysis, consolidation and scoring of vendor proposals, and make recommendations to Category Managers and business partners.
· Conduct macroeconomic and category spend analysis utilizing data from Amazon’s spend analytics cube and external market data.
· Build and maintain a robust pipeline of recommended sourcing projects for the strategic sourcing team.
· Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models and bench-marking analysis.
Provide guidance to internal stakeholders on procurement processes and maintain procurement ethics in accordance with Amazon’s global policies.
Procurement Intelligence Manager have a strong bias for decision-making rooted in data and analytics. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a team that is having a daily impact on company success. This team will develop innovative sourcing strategies while negotiating sustainable, long-term partnerships.
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one
innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the
challenge? Come build the future with us!
· 5+ years of relevant, strategic, indirect, sourcing experience.
· Bachelor’s Degree.
· 7+ years of strategic sourcing experience, preferably including 5+ years in an indirect procurement function at a multinational corporation with global contracts.
· In-depth understanding of best-in-class procurement practices (category management, bench-marking, should-cost models, RFx) PMP certification.
· Strong project leadership skills, including the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization and time management.
· Strong analytical skills and business acumen including the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions from large amounts of data.