Overview Of The Position
This position executes procurement and supply chain management needed for restaurant technology hardware and other equipment initiatives for Yum! Brands (Taco Bell, KFC, and Pizza Hut) along with A&W. Scope includes technology, engineering and development team support, operations and market tests, as well as national and regional program support to enable supply chain support and industry leading cost structures critical for Yum! Brands’ success.
Act as procurement lead for assigned categories to support Supply Chain, Brand and Operator teams to manage supplier base, costs, assure supply and build relationships to enable successful projects for Yum! Brands restaurants and RSCS members. Must work collaboratively with many stakeholder groups including Brands, Franchisees, Supplier Partners and internal RSCS teams. Accountable for all procurement related activities; sourcing, price negotiations, supply planning, risk analysis, supplier performance management, and project management for assigned equipment categories.
• Act as supply chain lead with Brand teams, Operators, Procurement teams, Suppliers, and Distributors for all equipment activities within assigned categories.
• Follow formal RSCS Strategic Sourcing processes for all cost negotiations, including standard approach and action steps, timelines, and required documentation.
• Oversee programs and large product roll-outs, including supplier selection, roll- out planning and execution.
• Understand and consistently execute all required legal documents covering assigned responsibilities.
• Actively deliver value to our members while ensuring uninterrupted supply. Lead technology hardware and equipment supplier management efforts for assigned categories
• Meet or exceed all spend and cost savings objectives against approved annual operating plan. Categories include but may not be limited to: Seating & Millwork, Signage, Graphics, Contractor Items, Walk-In Refrigeration
• Manage all pricing action requests and negotiations; information requests, quotes, value engineering efforts, timelines, etc.
• Develop and maintain strong trust relationships with all suppliers and Brand partners. Schedule, manage, and coordinate regular supplier review documents and processes to ensure strong supplier performance. Monitor supply, forecast demand to suppliers and proactively report potential issues.
• Monitor and measure supplier performance. Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for assigned categories
• Stay abreast of industry trends, innovation ideas, and general specifications for assigned categories including key suppliers for assigned categories.
• Be available to represent RSCS equipment team at any meetings, etc. that cover assigned categories including Franchisee meetings. As other categories are assigned.
• Minimum of 5 to 10 years business experience in Supply Chain, Program Management, or Purchasing. Prefer business experience within the food service industry. Quick service restaurant experience (QSR) preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Prefer MBA or Master’s.
• Experience working directly with Franchisees preferred.
• Strong Supply Chain Procurement experience is required and critical for this position. Significant project/program management experience is expected.
• Related experience in other industries, logistics, or commercial equipment may substitute. International procurement experience a benefit.
• Documented history of strong purchasing, negotiations, sales, and/or supply management success.
• Self-starter with ability to deliver results without daily supervision.
• Must have strong analytical, planning, and problem solving skills and be able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.